In this video tutorial, we are going to explore the Supermetrics Google Analytics 4 connector and see how it can help you deliver better results for your business. Often, web analytics tools such as Google Analytics can provide us with great insights on how our website is performing. However, they can also be overwhelming and confusing due to the abundance of data points available.
This is why, it’s important to curate your insights in an effective way. All exercises in this tutorial are going to use a Google Analytics 4 Data Studio template created by Supermetrics themselves. So you will be able to get a first-hand experience in how to spot a good insight!
That being said, if you are a “how-to guide” type of a person, I have put together a written alternative! For those of you who are going to be watching, this is a link to the Google Analytics 4 template.
How do you setup the Supermetrics Google Analytics 4 in Data Studio?
Estimate Cost : Connector Free Trial
Time Needed : 10 minutes
In a few short steps, you can have your Google Analytics 4 (GA4) data visualized in Data Studio via the Supermetrics connector. Let's go!
- Open Google Data Studio and create a new “Data Source”.
The new data source will essentially be a connector.
- Select the Supermetrics “Google Analytics 4” connector.
Once you click-through the connector tile, you will be prompted to authenticate with your Gmail. This is done for privacy reason. In other words, you are giving Supermetrics permission to access your Google Analytics 4 data.
- Navigate to “Select Accounts” and pick your own GA4 instance.
Keep the box “Use report template for new reports” to ensure that Supermetrics will apply their GA4 template.
- Enjoy the GA4 Supermetrics dashboard template and find quick insights about your business!
You can toggle between “Overview” and “Conversions Breakdown”.
- In order complete all the steps, you would need a Google Analytics 4 account (yours or Google Demo data), Supermetrics Free Trial and Google Data Studio.
- The Supermetrics Google Analytics 4 connector was launched officially in 2021 and it is still one of the few GA4 connectors out there. As Google Analytics 4 evolves, I am sure that the Supermetrics team will keep updating it.
I hope this was helpful! If you have any questions, feel free to DM me on LinkedIn or subscribe to my newsletter. In case you are curious, you can find more information about Supermetrics in an earlier piece I wrote. Check out “Top 8 Most Useful and Powerful Supermetrics Connectors” for my top connector picks.
Introduction to Supermetrics for Data Studio and BigQuery
If you want to learn more about Supermetrics, you can also complete my introductory course! In this quick crash course, you are going to learn how to automate data reporting by using the Supermetrics connectors.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Pull data directly into your Data Studio report from multiple sources, including Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Company pages and etc.
- Eliminate hours of manual work by scheduling data transfers and automating your marketing reporting.
- Plug into all your BigQuery tables with one data source instance and pulls all that data neatly into Data Studio.
- Get access to 20+ dashboard customizable templates for SEM, paid & organic social media, programmatic advertising, SEO, web analytics, and more.
Plus, once you complete the course, you get a 20% OFF discount from any Supermetrics subscription via a promo code!