From cave drawings and classical mythology to film productions and Broadway plays, storytelling has stood the test of time. With the emergence of technology, however, our ability to practice our intrinsic nature as communicators has also grown immensely.
As such, we must learn how to harness that power to tell stories that touch the audience’s heart, mind, and soul.
In other words, my first live-action course on LinkedIn Learning is now officially published! 🥳🥳🥳
It took me a while to create this one. In fact, this might have been the longest I have taken to create 1-hour of content. That being said, I think it is totally worth it, as it has given me time to refine the exercises, create useful templates and share some cool anecdotes.
Here is a little preview:
- Storytelling stands the test of time
- Why are stories important?
Telling Visionary Stories
- Being a genuine storyteller and person
- Consistency and practice make almost perfect
- Building and guiding a narrative
Audience Analysis and Exploration
- Understanding your audience
- Layered exploration in three degrees
- Creating meaningful connections
- Optimizing for retention
Building Your Narrative with a Storyboard
- What is a storyboard?
- Show, don’t tell
- Navigating the elements of a storyboard
- Aligning text and visuals
- Building a visually expressive narrative
- Presenting your storyboard
Storytelling + Storyboard = Action
- Vlog or YouTube video
- Business or agency pitch
- Data visualization and reporting
- Next steps
If you have any questions, feel free to do one of the following:
✅ Explore my LinkedIn Learning courses on storytelling through data and design!
✅ Follow me on LinkedIn, and click the 🔔 at the top of my profile page to stay up to date with my latest content!
✅ Subscribe to receive the by-weekly “My Next Story Is…” newsletter. Yep, it is my brand new newsletter!