Over the past few months, I had the chance to look a bit deeper into the popular marketing automation tool Supermetrics and create an introduction course for it (available on Udemy and Skillshare). As you probably know from your own experience, when there are multiple data sources (from various platforms) it becomes difficult to ensure they are always up-to-date, error-free and follow consistent formatting. In fact, let me know if this sounds familiar:
You are a marketing agency that buys media from a variety of vendors whose buying and reporting systems are different. In some cases, you might even have to receive manual reports via e-mail on a weekly basis, which impacts your reporting cadence and creates extra work for your team. Of course, Data Studio has some incredible native connectors available for free, but they don’t necessarily cover all platforms.
This has been the combined feedback from a lot of people that I have talked to in the industry. Even though there are other automation tools out there, I find Supermetrics to be super (no pun intended) easy to use and affordable, especially for smaller agencies. If you are new to the marketing automation world, here is some addition information about my Introduction to Supermetrics course.
What is Supermetrics?
Supermetrics is a data automation tools, connectors automatically fetch data from multiple platforms (e.g. Twitter Ads, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics and etc.) and pull it into any destination (Google BigQuery, Data Studio, Google Sheets and Excel). It also allows you to set up automatic data refreshes and scheduled emails. This eliminates the need to copy-paste marketing data into a reporting or data visualization platforms.
Introduction to Supermetrics for Data Studio and BigQuery
Welcome to "Introduction to Supermetrics for Data Studio and BigQuery"! In this quick crash course, you are going to learn how to automate data reporting by using Supermetrics and its wide range of connectors. Often, when faced with multiple data sources, from platforms like Facebook Ads, Twitter and Campaign Manager (CM360), it becomes difficult to ensure they are always up-to-date, error-free and follow consistent formatting. Therefore, to automate your reporting, you need a tool like Supermetrics to connect the pipes and allow your data sources to get to their destinations in the most efficient way possible. The course is aimed at beginners and those who are starting their journey in reporting automation. If you are a marketing data automation expert already or an advanced Supermetrics user, this course is probably not suitable for you.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Pull data directly into your Data Studio report from multiple sources, including Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Company pages and etc.
- Eliminate hours of manual work by scheduling data transfers and automating your marketing reporting.
- Plug into all your BigQuery tables with one data source instance and pulls all that data neatly into Data Studio.
- Get access to 20+ dashboard customizable templates for SEM, paid & organic social media, programmatic advertising, SEO, web analytics, and more.
- Use the Twitter Public Data connector to fetch metrics and dimensions for any public twitter account.
Plus, two quick hands-on projects:
- Project 1: Use the Twitter Public Data connector to fetch metrics and dimensions for any public twitter account and analyze it in Data Studio.
- Project 2: Use the Pinterest Public Connector to fetch data for any account and use a Data Studio parameter to search and add new accounts dynamically.
You can also find the course on Skillshare!
For those of you who the corporate or individual subscription, the course is also available on Skillshare!
BONUS: Once you complete the course, you get a 20% discount from any Supermetrics subscription via a special promo code!
If you are new and experimenting with the tool, feel free to message me on LinkedIn. I can help you with the discount as well! I hope this was helpful, in case you have any questions, feel free to comment or subscribe to my newsletter.